[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Brewing Forum • View topic - Mash Controllers :- PT100 or Digital?

Mash Controllers :- PT100 or Digital?

Discuss all things about brewing beer

Mash Controllers :- PT100 or Digital?

Postby aamcle » Sun Jul 26, 2015 20:51

I have based MT Controllers on PIDs and PT100s but I'm getting just a bit put out with them.

The problem is resistance in the connectors, I've been using phono plugs but found that just twisting them can change the temperature display.
I've tried mini xrf plugs they weren't good and now I'm onto gold plated banana plugs but they're clumsy and I'm not sure how long they are going to last.
Any change in the resistance of the connectors junks the calibration and the auto tune.

The other option is to go digital which would more or less solve the problem but I have already bought 2 PIDs and set up PID/PT100 controllers. Even though I have an Arduino I'm reluctant to make the effort to start again my coding skills are poor.

What I desperately need is totally reliable conectors any suggestions should be gratefully received.

thanks. Aamcle
aamcle
Brewer